Become an ERASMUS or LEONARDO Student
So far the following students have worked in our institution - you are also invited to come - we are looking forward to receiving your application.
Emilia Domazet and Rafaela Burmeta from the University of Zadar ( 11th January 2012 – 15th April 2012) Armenian Paper in cooperation with Prof. Dr. Manfred Schreiner, Mag. Wilfried Vetter, Prof. Mag. Helmgard Holle (all Academy of Fine Arts Vienna) and DI Emanuel Wenger (Austrian Academy of Sciences)
Tina Bakovic and Ivana Galzina (15th April 2012 – 15th July 2012) topic Laser Cleaning in cooperation with Dr. Jörg Krüger BAM Berlin
Jiri Taleva, Helsinki Metropolia University of Applied Sciences (1st March 2013)
Cristina Cicero from „TOR VERGATA“ (Rome) (1st October 2012)
Bogna Górniak and Marta Cieplinska, Nikolaus Kopernikus University, Torun (1st July - 31st August 2012)
Shirin Jacoby (volunteer prior to university studies) (8th May 2012)
please send your e-mail to:
CALL FOR PAPERS - CLOSED
Book and Paper Conservation: Horn II conference - From Microorganisms to Mega-organisms
Date 23rd - 25th April 2014
Place Horn, Austria
Organizer: European Research Centre for Book and Paper Conservation-Restoration
The program committee thanks for the many original contributions - we will contact those who sent an abstract in the coming days.
Registration for the conference participation will open in August 2013.
Topics will be:
- of the use of biocides & disinfection,
- “the use of biocides and the monitoring of the effects on materials” (The topics can also include the
possibility of launching a sort of web archive of data on treated collections and objects and on the best
methods that can be used in monitoring (i.e. colour coordinates, pH, etc.).
- safe keeping assessment and database description of old manuscripts and
their bookbindings. Topics may also include how our knowledge of the bookbinding structures and our
appreciation of their historic (but also artistic) values conditions and guides our approach to their
conservation and at the same time how the conservation of bookbindings actually enhances and
improves our understanding of historic bookbinding structures. Through conservation a very privileged
insight can be gained into the structures and techniques that would otherwise remain unnoticed.
- document safe keeping assessment and database description of old manuscripts and their bookbindings
- methods of investigations and related to them, practical issues of assessing the real physical state of
manuscript and archive collections?
- Safeguarding of electronic data - The storage strategies of digitised images (from books, documents, photographs, all cultural historic paper heritage) - importance of digitisation in the preservation of originals
- conservation of born digital archives, and even the very digital databases that every library, museum and archive are producing
- digital library concerning the topic (book and paper conservation, restoration, preservation) in the internet? theory readiness of preservation in Europe."
- Multi Lingual Bibliography Network – present state and future
- "Innovative conservation treatments" or "New and old cleaning and reducing treatments"
- Other areas of research
Joseph Schirò (Heritage Malta, Malta)
Elissaveta Moussakova (Method and Cyril Library, Sofia, Bulgaria)
István Kecskeméti (State Archive, Helsinki, Finland)
Marzenna Ciechanska (Academy of Fine Arts, Warsaw, Poland)
Jedert Vodopivec (University and Archives of the Republic of Slovenia, Ljubljana Slovenia)
Georgios Boudalis (Byzantine Museum, Thessaloniki, Greece)
Flavia Pinzari (Istituto Centrale per il Restauro e la Conservazione del Patrimonio Archivistico e Librario Laboratorio di Biologia, Rome, Italy)
Rodica Ion (ICECHIM, Bucharest and Valahia University, Targoviste, Romania)
Patricia Engel (European Research Centre for Book and Paper Conservation-Restoration, Horn, Austria)
Pictures of courses etc. are available here.